Thursday, February 6, 2014

Getting "Crafty" at Michaels for Hometalk...join me for a Pinterest Project Party...

 
Do you love Pinterest as much as I do?
If so, you won't want to miss the Pinterest party coming up on Sunday, February 16th, 2014 at Michaels' stores....







Chipping with Charm:  Blue BotChipping witChipping with Charm: Michaels Pinterest Project Party...http://www.chippingwithcharm.blogspot.com/
Join Chipping with Charm, Hometalk and Michaels for a Pinterest Party!
This is a "walk in" event.  No need to sign up, just show up at Michaels between 1 and 4pm.  Check out the Pinterest inspired displays, buy your supplies and meet me in the craft room to create your very own "pin worthy" project.
I will be representing Hometalk at my local Michaels in Maple Grove, MN from 1-4pm on Sunday Februaury 16th, 2014.
Are you familiar with Hometalk?
It is a fun website where you can post home decor ideas, ask questions or peek around for inspiration for all things "home & Garden"
Hop over for a look around...
and while you are there, sign up to be a member, and then follow Michaels on Hometalk to be entered in a drawing...

Chipping with Charm:  Blue BotChipping with Charm:  Michaels On Hometalk, giveaway...http://www.chippingwithcharm.blogspot.com/
(And while you are there, be sure to follow Chipping with Charm on Hometalk too!!)

In preparation for the event, they asked us to come up with our own "pin worthy" project based on the projects featured in the store.
Chipping with Charm:  Blue BotChipping with Charm:  Michaels Colored Bottles Pinterest Project...http://www.chippingwithcharm.blogspot.com/

I decided to re-create their colored glass bottle project with a little "Chipping with Charm" twist...


Chipping with Charm:  Blue BotChipping with Charm:  Blue Bottles Pinterest Project...http://www.chippingwithcharm.blogspot.com/
 It was "love at first sight" for me and these pretty blue bottles.




Chipping with Charm:  Blue BotChipping with Charm:  Blue Bottles Pinterest Project...http://www.chippingwithcharm.blogspot.com/ Here's the "before"...



 I used rubber stamps and white acrylic paint to stamp the letters on the chalkboard labels.

Chipping with Charm:  Blue BotChipping with Charm:  Blue Bottles Pinterest Project...http://www.chippingwithcharm.blogspot.com/
 Just for fun, I used a stencil and black acrylic paint for the M.
Chipping with Charm:  Blue BotChipping with Charm:  Blue Bottles Pinterest Project...http://www.chippingwithcharm.blogspot.com/
 True to my "junky" roots...I bought a couple small bags of buttons and some little metal charms to put inside the bottles.
 



Chipping with Charm:  Blue BotChipping with Charm:  Blue Bottles Pinterest Project...http://www.chippingwithcharm.blogspot.com/
And of course, some "embellishing".
 Home sweet...
 Chipping with Charm:  Blue BotChipping with Charm:  Blue Bottles Pinterest Project...http://www.chippingwithcharm.blogspot.com/
Home.


 
Chipping with Charm:  Blue BotChipping with Charm:  Blue Bottles Pinterest Project...http://www.chippingwithcharm.blogspot.com/
Want to make my version, their version...or your very own version?  Or how about one of the other fun projects featured?

1.  Just show up, no need to sign up.  
2.  Browse the shop for the Pinterest displays.
3.  Pick your project and buy your supplies 
4.  Meet me in the craft room for some FUN!!

(Note project availability will be based on the store, not all projects and supplies will be available at all Michaels locations.)

Join me at my local Michaels store...
Sunday, February 16th, 2014
1-4 pm
7980 Wedgewood Ln N
Maple Grove, MN 55369
Phone: 763-420-0909
Or find the Pinterest party info for a Michaels store near you...

What do you think?
Want to join in the fun?

Hope to see you there!
Laurel

10 comments:

  1. Absolutely adorable and how gorgeous would they be on a sunny window sill?! Will share this idea on my Event page!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The bottles are beautiful, Laurel. It's cool that you get to show your ideas at that event. Have lots of fun!!!
    Hugs,
    Julia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Simply adorable!! I LOVE how you have part of the sentiment on the tag, and the rest on each, individual bottle. Very creative : )

    Kelly
    Notable Nest

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute project! Love the buttons in the bottom.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You'll be a huge hit! Love these sweet bottles and the beautiful color.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cute! Enjoyed getting to know you + your blog from the Pinterest Party!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Laurel, I love bottles and am featuring it tonight on my blog at 7pm PST for our pinterest party blog hop link party. Thanks for such great inspiration. Have fun at your party on Sunday! Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVE your project and the color of those bottles is gorgeous! I really like the green ones too but like the Home Sweet Home theme that you did better! Unfortunately, no Hometalk event at my Michaels tomorrow but I think I'll slosh over there (in the snow) pick up some supplies and play at home! Have fun! Hugs, Leena

    ReplyDelete
  9. A wonderful project idea.. I love the labels on the colored bottles. ... Such be a great Sunday for Michaels.. and a great day for you... such great things to share with others.. I hope goes really well. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments! Please also feel free to contact me through email or on my Chipping with Charm Facebook page. I love hearing from you :)