Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Junkers Unite for Christmas...Chippy Corbel Repurposed for Christmas Trees

Chipping with Charm: Junkers United Corbel Christmas Tree...http://www.chippingwithcharm.blogspot.com/
I am so happy to be joining in on another "Junkers United" event!

Christmas themed junk projects...what could be more fun?
I am really excited to see what all of my creative junk loving friends are bringing to the party.  But first, let me show you what I made for this exciting "occasion"...




Chipping with Charm: Junkers United Corbel Christmas Tree...http://www.chippingwithcharm.blogspot.com/
It all started with these perfectly chippy salvaged architectural pieces.
I originally bought them to use in our recent KITCHEN REDO but they never really found a good spot there.
Now with Christmas coming...almost everything looks more like a tree to me.  How about you?
 First, I added a hook to the top for a "topper".
Chipping with Charm: Junkers United Corbel Christmas Tree...http://www.chippingwithcharm.blogspot.com/
Next, I wrapped some thin gauge wire around the hook...
Chipping with Charm: Junkers United Corbel Christmas Tree...http://www.chippingwithcharm.blogspot.com/
...and started threading vintage beads...
...and buttons.  
I added mine randomly, no rhyme or reason to my look.  
You could definitely do more of a structured pattern if that's your style.
(Side note: For the second tree, I threaded the buttons and beads BEFORE wrapping the wire around the tree.  Threading was MUCH easier on the wire without kinks!)
Chipping with Charm: Junkers United Corbel Christmas Tree...http://www.chippingwithcharm.blogspot.com/
After threading the beads I re-wrapped the wire around and around.
Chipping with Charm: Junkers United Corbel Christmas Tree...http://www.chippingwithcharm.blogspot.com/
Again, I kept the bead placement scattered.  I I like the look of the bare wire peeking through.  It suits the "quirky" perfectly imperfect style that I love.
Then, I just wrapped the wire up at the bottom.  Nothing too "permanent", in case these chippy corbels take on a "new life" after Christmas.  That has been known to happen here :)
I couldn't find the right mix of "pretty junk" for a star...so I made this "angelic" key topper instead.  A "Star" brand key with  vintage bow pins for wings.   
I use Amazing Goop glue for most of my projects...but E6000 would work well too.
Chipping with Charm: Junkers United Corbel Christmas Tree...http://www.chippingwithcharm.blogspot.com/
I worked them in to a little "mantel-like" vignette.
Chipping with Charm: Junkers United Corbel Christmas Tree...http://www.chippingwithcharm.blogspot.com/
If my mantel wasn't already dressed for Christmas, this is what it would be wearing this year.
(I hope you will stop back later in the week to see what my mantel IS wearing this year.)
Chipping with Charm: Junkers United Corbel Christmas Tree...http://www.chippingwithcharm.blogspot.com/
 Now, be sure to head over to see all of the clever "junk inspired" Christmas ideas waiting for you!!















Sharing this at...
Funky Junk Interiors...Party Junk
 
Wishing you a wonderful (junk filled) Christmas season!
Chat soon,

16 comments:

  1. this "trees" is so beauty:) i always love your idea:)
    kisses from Poland:*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great, architectural pieces to start with! The beads and buttons look great rounding the piece! And you are a master at mantle decorating. So glad to be part of the Christmas Junkers United this year with y'all. #christmasjunkersunited

    ReplyDelete
  3. My kind of trees! The ones that take imagination! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great idea to "festive" up those architectural pieces, Laurel. They look perfect in your pretty vignette (LOVING that chalkboard too!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your trees are ALWAYS so clever, I think you see Christmas trees in your sleep. TDC....too darn cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree - everything starts to look like a tree at this time of year - and yours is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  7. OH! I just love this! I think you have the most creative, inventive mind! I'm excited because I have two SMALL finials I had painted and didn't know what to do with them. Copying this for sure! Off I go - thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
  8. OH! I love the trees and I love the mason jars and I just love the whole set up! Beautiful!
    -b.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fantastical!n i love the crusty paint on the corbels!

    ReplyDelete
  10. How fun! What a wonderful way to use such a wonderful treasure.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love visiting your site...sooooo much creativity! Thanks for sharing your wonderful ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ohhhh my gosh I love that sweet thang! I love this whole mantel. I'll take that chalkboard too please. And I agree 1000000% on the quirky wire showing... it's perfection! So fun!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You know I love anything chippy and tattered, this is so cute! I'm eyeing your chalkboard too.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very cute idea for using those wonderful architectural pieces.
    Mary Alice

    ReplyDelete
  15. Of course I've been loving on this project all day... it's chippy! Awesome job. You are so creative :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. One of the cutest I have seen. Of course, I love blue jars and I never thought to fill them with snow. Mine are filled with Christmas Candies right now. Love the chalkboard. It never ceases to amaze me how you all know how to make something out of nothing. That is talent.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments! Please also feel free to contact me through email or on my Chipping with Charm Facebook page. I love hearing from you :)